There’s a lot of truth in the old saying a little appreciation goes a long way. A post-it note left on a coworker’s desk from an appreciative colleague. Shout-outs on team chat. Birthday card greetings from the team. A thank-you email from the CEO. These simple gestures can brighten up a colleague’s day.
However, thank-you notes do a whole lot more than just putting a smile on a coworker’s face. A culture of appreciation fosters team spirit and camaraderie. And it supports those all-important personal relationships and team collaboration that are vital to success.
Research shows businesses with thriving company cultures achieve more than four times higher revenue growth. And when it comes to performance motivators, appreciation comes out on top. According to one study, 37 percent of workers feel most encouraged by personal recognition.
Putting pen to paper, or crafting an email, can be challenging. Maybe words aren’t your thing. Perhaps in the daily grind, you just don’t seem to find the time. And before you know it, the moment has passed.
So, if time or inspiration is not on your side, then this post is for you. Here we share 50 thank you notes for coworkers that you can use or adapt. And to make it even easier, we have organized them into different categories. You are bound to find the perfect thank message for every occasion.
General Thank You Notes For Supportive Colleagues
- Thanks for your help on that project. You always jump in with great ideas and offers of help. Your contribution has made all the difference.
- Just a quick note to say thanks very much for all you do. You are the best work colleague anyone could wish for!
- Thanks for helping to make my job much easier. You are always so enthusiastic and helpful. I really appreciate your time and support.
- You’re the best! You brighten up the office with your smile and positive attitude. It’s an absolute pleasure working alongside you.
- You are always willing to go the extra mile. We couldn’t have completed that project without your input. You are a real superstar.
- Hardworking, meticulous, and with a can-do attitude, you are a great asset to the team. Thank you!
- We are so lucky to have you as part of the team. Even when the going gets tough, you find a way through. Thanks for being such a supportive and helpful coworker.
- Your motivation and ability to get the job done with the minimum amount of fuss is an inspiration to us all. The company is very fortunate to have you on board.
- Thanks for all your efforts in meeting those challenging deadlines. Your hard work and dedication have not gone unnoticed. Well done.
- Great job! You went above and beyond in ensuring that the project was such a huge success. You are a valued member of the team. Thanks.
- Thank you for supporting me when I was under pressure. Your kindness and thoughtfulness kept my stress levels in check. It’s much appreciated.
- You always lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed, regardless of your workload. You are a huge asset to the team. Thanks for all that you do.
Appreciation Messages For Departing Colleagues
- I have really enjoyed working with you. We will miss your bright personality and strong work ethic. All the best in your new job.
- We will miss your unwavering help and support. You have been a fantastic work colleague, and it’s been a tremendous pleasure working with you.
- You have an amazing ability to work with others and are always willing to help wherever needed. I will miss your support and friendship. I’m sure you will be just as successful in your new role.
- Your guidance and mentorship over the years have made all the difference to me. I’m so grateful and can’t thank you enough.
- The office won’t be the same without your friendly smile. Your replacement has big shoes to fill!
- The whole team will feel your absence. You have had a big impact both personally and professionally. Your new employers are lucky to have you.
- I’m losing not just a work colleague but also a valued friend. Your presence brightened up the office. Working alongside you has been a pleasure.
- Thanks so much for all your hard work. The team won’t be the same without you. I’m sure you will be a massive success in your new job.
- Working with you has been so much fun, and I have learned heaps. Having you as a coworker has been a real privilege.
- You have been a fantastic motivator and guiding light. Your help and support, plus your sunny personality, brightened the whole office. Thanks so much; I will miss you enormously.
- It’s been a pleasure working alongside you both professionally and personally. You have been a fantastic coworker that always had my back. Our loss is you new employer’s gain.
Thank You Messages To Coworkers When You Are Leaving
- I am sorry to be leaving such a great team. I’ve learned a great deal from you all. Thanks for all the support and friendship.
- While I’m excited about my new role, I also know I owe you a debt of gratitude. My career achievements are down to the encouragement and support I received while working here. Many thanks!
- I have enjoyed my time at this great company – such a wonderful group of people. I will miss you but leave with lots of happy memories.
- Thanks for all the fantastic encouragement. I have developed so much and appreciate all the opportunities I have been given. I am sorry to be leaving this great team and will miss you.
- Moving on was a tough decision to make. This is an exceptional team, and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with you all. Let’s stay in touch.
Thank You Notes For Covering Absence
- Thank you for covering for me during my recent illness. It was great knowing that you had my back and helped my recovery. You are the best coworker!
- I’m so grateful to you for taking over the reins while I was on holiday. It was such a relief knowing everything was in your capable hands. Thanks so much.
- Many thanks for taking over my projects while I was on maternity leave. You stepped up, and I am fortunate to have such a helpful and supportive colleague. I owe you one!
- As you know, I have been going through a difficult time lately. And you have been incredibly kind. Not only have you provided a listening ear, but you have also covered my tasks when I haven’t been at work. I’m grateful for all your help; it’s made such a difference.
- You are a superstar! Thanks to you, I had no overflowing inbox to worry about upon my return from vacation. I am so fortunate to have a colleague like you. I look forward to returning the favor when it’s your turn for a break.
- Thank you for taking over when I was unwell. You never complained about the extra workload. You are an exceptional colleague and a great friend.
Appreciation Messages From The Boss To Employees
- The team all stepped up to make that project such a huge success. Everyone played a part, and I am very proud of you all. Well done!
- Thank you, team, for making my job easy. I am fortunate to work with such a dedicated group of staff.
- Thanks for all your hard work on getting that project over the line. Everyone stepped up when it was needed and put in the extra effort. Congratulations on an outstanding outcome.
- I know it’s been a challenging few months for everyone. And I just wanted to thank you all for all the extra effort and hard work you have put in as a team. It hasn’t gone unnoticed.
- I am so proud of the way the team has pulled together this past year. Everyone gave a hundred percent even when the going got tough. Well done, and thank you.
Thank You Messages To Your Boss
- I couldn’t have gotten that promotion without your guidance and mentorship. Thank you for supporting and developing me in my career.
- Thanks for constantly pushing me to be the best I can be. I’m very lucky to have such a great boss as you.
- I love being part of your team. You treat me as a colleague rather than just an employee. Thanks for being a fantastic boss. I feel valued and appreciated.
- Thanks for the opportunity to contribute to the project team. Your belief in me and my ability to get the job done helped me to give my best.
- Under your mentorship, I have learned a great deal. You have helped me to develop new skills and knowledge. And I appreciate the time you have taken to teach me new ways of working.
- Thank you for helping me reach my personal and professional goals. I enjoy working with you and appreciate all the opportunities you have given me.
Funny Thank You Messages
- Thanks for all your hard work. And as a reward, we are going to give you other people’s work to complete!
- Thank you for covering for me when I was out of the office the other day. And thanks also for all those times you have covered for me when I was in the office!
- Your help in getting that project over the line made all the difference. Now, you owe me lunch!
- Best of luck finding coworkers better than us! We will miss you.
- Thanks for all your hard work, care and support. You are simply the best coworker. After all, it takes one to know one!
Thank You Notes For Coworkers: Show Your Appreciation Today
Next time your colleague helps you out, make sure you send them a quick thank you message. The 50 examples we have shared should provide plenty of inspiration to get started. Novelist Gertrude Stein summed it up nicely when she said, ‘Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.’ A thoughtful message can make someone’s day. And it goes a long way to strengthen your working relationships and overall team spirit.
And from an organizational perspective, a culture of appreciation makes all the difference. Productivity, recruitment, and retention get a welcome boost. According to one survey, 40 percent of workers would put more energy into their work if recognized more often. Now that has to be good for business.
Looking for more ways to show the team some love? Check out our ten budget-friendly ways to appreciate employees.
MyHub provides cloud-based intranet solutions to businesses worldwide. Our easy to set up and simple to manage intranets are fully customizable to meet your needs. Pick and choose from a wide selection of tools and features. Business IM, newsfeeds, employee directories, automated forms, and secure document exchange are just some of the fantastic options available. Find out more with a free demo or 14-day trial.